Information Systems Laboratories, Inc., a high-tech, employee-owned technology-development company, is seeking applicants for a Nuclear Safety Analyst in its Energy and Space Division, who will be based in either its Tysons Corner, Virginia or Idaho Falls, Idaho office with remote work an option. ISL’s Energy and Space Division provides comprehensive support to the nuclear and space industries, including, but not limited to, safety analysis and assessment of complex engineering systems, code development, waste management tracking, risk management, and development of regulatory structures and evaluation procedures. The Nuclear Engineer position offers qualified candidates the opportunity to perform nuclear safety analysis, report preparation, project management, and contract management associated with the company’s engineering activities. The Nuclear Engineer will assist in performing analysis and assessment of a variety of complex safety and regulatory issues. The position offers a unique combination of opportunities to advance state of the art applications, publish research, present at conferences and workshops, and develop industry contacts and relationships. Opportunities exist to manage your own projects and pursue your own research interests, in coordination with company goals.
The position requires a Bachelor’s or Master’s of Science degree(s) in nuclear, mechanical or similar engineering discipline.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience preferred, but well-qualified new graduates will be considered.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Basic knowledge of nuclear power systems and applications.
- Background in thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and/or reactor physics.
- A desire to learn continuously and explore unfamiliar topics.
- Good technical writing skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Good time management skills and an ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks.
- The ability to gain a United States security clearance.
- Experience in modeling and simulation of complex engineering systems.
- Experience in nuclear design and safety analysis of nuclear applications.
- Knowledge of historical, operating, and advance nuclear reactors around the world.
- Familiarity with nuclear analysis codes (e.g., thermal-hydraulic, neutronic, radiological, criticality, etc.), especially:
- RELAP5 or TRACE system modeling codes,
- CASMO, PARCS, MCNP or comparable neutronic codes, and/or
- VIPRE-01 or comparable subchannel modeling codes.
- Background in Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Knowledge in scripting and/or programming (Python, Java, FORTRAN, etc.).
- Design basis accident dose analysis experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of regulatory processes, guidance, and requirements is a plus.
ISL offers an excellent salary, commensurate with experience, a competitive benefits package and rewards technical excellence, creativity, and business development. We are always looking for quality candidates interested in working for a growing company that is a proven leader in the nuclear energy field.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com