Nuclear energy is an excellent source of process heat for various industrial applications including desalination, synthetic and unconventional oil production, oil refining, biomass-based ethanol production, and in the future: hydrogen production.
For most major industrial heat applications, nuclear energy is the only credible non-carbon option. But the challenge is how to efficiently regulate, control, and appropriate the excess nuclear heat energy for industrial heat application.
ISL has solved the problem with iCLEAR – Intelligent ControL for Environmentally Advanced Reactors
- iCLEAR addresses challenges associated with CO2 by simultaneously providing clean electricity and sequestering CO2.
- iCLEAR provides an environmentally safe high temperature heat source for processes such as sequestration, desalination, etc.
- iCLEAR is an intelligent nuclear controller that anticipates changes in electrical demand and adjusts appropriately.
- iCLEAR is aligned with the next wave of small, advanced nuclear reactors.
Intelligent controller that performs multiple tasks to optimize the use of nuclear reactor output.
- Simultaneously provides clean nuclear electricity and CO2 sequestration
- Anticipates electrical grid demand based on multiple real time inputs
- Implements artificial intelligence to predict future usage trends
- Integrates nuclear island with environmentally desirable processes
- Carbon sequestration
- Production of products with economic value (carbon-based electronics, fuels, hydrogen)
- Heat for industrial processes
- Manages load balance maneuvers to transfer heat output